Perfect for a Sunday brunch, this exotic salad is as de-stressing an experience to prepare as it is to eat.
4 skinned and boned chicken thighs, trimmed
Lemon vinaigrette, divided into two portions
1 cup uncooked farro
2-1/4 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
2 garlic cloves, peeled
3/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
1/2 red onion, cut into wedges
1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
10 sweet mini peppers, halved and seeded
1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
1/2 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
1/3 cup torn fresh basil leaves
1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
1. Coat chicken with 1/4 cup lemon vinaigrette (combination of olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice and oregano) and chill for 30 minutes. (Reserve and chill remaining vinaigrette.)
2. Meanwhile, cook farro according to package directions, adding 1 tsp salt and 2 garlic cloves before bringing to a boil.
3. Drain and rinse; discard garlic, and transfer farro to a large bowl.
4. Preheat grill to 350 to 400 degree (medium-high) heat.
5. Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade in bag.
6. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 tsp. each salt and black pepper.
7. Grill chicken, covered with grill lid, 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until done.
8. Transfer to a platter; cover with foil. Toss together onion, fennel bulb (a seasonal herb that's famous for its cooling properties), chopped peppers, olive oil, and remaining 1 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. black pepper.
9. Place vegetables in a large grill basket, and grill, covered with grill lid, 10 to 12 minutes or until vegetables start to char and soften, stirring and turning every 2 minutes.
10. Transfer vegetables to bowl, and cover with foil. Coarsely chop chicken; toss with farro, vegetables, parsley, basil, thyme, and 1/4 cup chilled reserved Lemon vinaigrette.
11. Season with salt and pepper, and serve with remaining vinaigrette.
Recipe Source: Myrecipes.com